Thursday, August 25, 2016

Suicide Squad (2016) + My Harley Quinn drawing


So I finally went to watch Suicide Squad! It felt like I'd been waiting for ages for it to come out, and I'm so happy it's finally here!

And... Ok, now let me be honest with you.

If you read my blog, you'll know that I'm a Harley Quinn fan, she's the main reason I was so excited about this movie. And I'm glad to say that Margot Robbie's Harley was everything I wanted her to be. Quirky, crazy and so inappropriate. Girl's got it all.

So I'm really sorry if this post makes it seem like this is a movie about Harley Quinn, ahem. I just adore her.


Also, Harley asking for a Nespresso machine for her prison cell (more like cage, actually)? Honey, I would've asked for the exact same thing. How could I not love this woman?


Oh and I loved how she rocked the pigtails. When I was young, people at school knew that my signature hairstyle was my two pigtails, and I wouldn't mind wearing them still. Why can't adults just happily have their hair like that? Ugh...

I also loved Harley's relationship with The Joker here! We know that The Joker uses Harley all the time, since she's crazy about the guy (and I mean in general, not just in this movie). But here I think I actually saw a little bit of interest? Like, he cared about her, kind of? No? Just me?

Well, whatever. I'd watch a movie about these two.


Now, I didn't know too much about most of the other characters before watching this (I've only read New Suicide Squad, so I just got the whole idea of it), but they do a great job at describing them when the movie starts. And they do spend a lot of time with it, since they're a relatively big team after all, but it's very enjoyable and also informative if you don't know anything about them.

Deadshot did seem a little out of character to me. He's supposed to be a cold-blooded villain who kills without exception, and I guess that, after you kill so many people, you just don't care about anything or anyone, and wouldn't mind killing one more person. I don't know, he seemed too nice. But I did like him nonetheless.

And this movie is all about love, I swear! There's the love Harley has for his "Puddin", the one Deadshot has for his daughter, there's also Katana and her husband (whose soul is trapped in her sword)... Hell, even Captain Boomerang has his pink unicorn! But maybe the most important love story here (after Harley's, of course!) is the one between Rick Flag and June Moone / Enchantress, since it plays a big part in the movie.

All in all, I enjoyed this movie a lot. Aand I wouldn't mind seeing Harley once more in another movie! Preferably alongside her "Puddin", I seriously loved them together here.

And now I leave you with a drawing I made of Harley, I've been wanting to draw her for a while :)
I hope you like it!

Suicide Squad's Harley Quinn by carla-ng


Have you seen this movie? What did you think of it?

Thank you for reading! ♥

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That drawing is amazing!!!!! XD

    I loved Suicide Squad - and yes, I would totally watch a Joker/Harley movie. I think he does care about her - in his own way; the thing about their relationship is that it is SO complex that you get the feeling we're just scratching the surface. And Jared Leto does an exceptionally creepy/excellent job in the role :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! <3

      That would an awesome movie. And their relationship is very complex indeed, I've read that the parts where it's more obvious that the Joker is an abusive partner didn't make it to the movie, maybe that's why it seems like he cares more about her in this movie than in other adaptations/comics.

      I also loved Jared Leto's Joker! A lot of people are comparing him to Heath Ledger and saying that he's not as good. I don't see the need to compare both roles, since they were so different to begin with!

      Delete
  2. Ah! I need to go see the movie already. I really love your drawing. I don't really know anything about her character AT ALL, but I've always thought that her style is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ^-^
      A lot of people apparently hated the movie, but I really liked it!
      I love Harley and her style is amazing! I actually think it's gotten so much better with time <3

      Delete
  3. I really REALLY want to see this movie! I love Harley Quinn too and I can't wait to see how she is portrayed and acted here, and it sounds like I am not going to be disappointed from your movie review! And then on top of that you truly have made an amazing drawing here. I love it <3 Your're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!! This Harley is just amazing (and man do I love her hair!)
      Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! ^-^

      Delete
  4. My husband and I seen this movie last Friday. I wasn't sure what to expect, I don't keep up with any of these characters. I ended up loving the movie because did an awesome job on the characters backstories!

    Your drawing of Harley is beautiful Carla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way... I felt almost sorry for Harley, the way the Joker pretty much made her insane. Am I missing something?

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you liked the movie! :D And my drawing as well, thanks!!! ^-^
      Yeah, if it hadn't been for the Joker, Harley wouldn't have gone crazy I guess :( but it's ok, I love her and her madness :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...