Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Let's Talk About AURORA


Very recently, I listened to a song called "In Boxes" by a girl named AURORA on Spotify, I thought it sounded very original and started listening to other songs by this artist... And oh man, did I find a gem, all right!

AURORA is a girl from Norway and her music is like nothing I've ever heard before. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Her first album, "All My Demons Greeting Me As a Friend" just came out this year (March 2016). In her songs, she sings about important topics, such as being your own hero, and doesn't just concentrate on writing love songs (about love relationships, to be more precise). I usually don't like artists who only write love songs, there's so much more in life than just having a boyfriend/girlfriend, and I want to hear about it. I want to hear about everyday struggles, and about feelings that have to do more with ourselves and who we are as a person.

She also calls her fans warriors and weirdos. I mean, how cute is that?


"Let love conquer your mind
Warrior, warrior
Just reach out for the light
Warrior, warrior"

AURORA's music is also very soothing, and it actually makes me feel so much better... Kind of like when you meditate (I love meditating), and you start to have this sense of self-awareness that makes you question things in life, and also makes you realize that there's so much more out there.


"And I feel the light for the very first time
Not anybody knows that I am lucky to be alive

War inside my mind, behind my eyes, is coming down
For the thousandth time, I feel too numb, to even mind"

Last time something similar happened to me with an artist was when Lorde made her appearance (you can read my post about her here). They both sing from the heart, but AURORA and Lorde are still very different. How I see it, Lorde's music is smarter, whereas AURORA's is more sensitive.

AURORA is an old soul, and I love people like that, since I've always felt kind of left out for considering myself to be one as well.


"I walk alone, I'm everything
My ears can hear and my mouth can speak
My spirit talks, I know my soul believes"

Some of my favorite bands are Queen (which I think stopped being what it was when Freddie passed away) and My Chemical Romance (already disbanded), so you can see how I don't easily say that a music artist / band is my favorite, but I know that I can definitely say that AURORA has become a favorite of mine. No doubt.


"When a human strokes your skin
That is when you let them in
Let them in before they go
I would rather feel alive with a childlike soul
With a childlike soul..."

I've seriously been listening to her non-stop. Don't you kind of hate when that happens, just a little bit? It makes me have a lot of mixed feelings, since I want to listen to her music, but, at the same time, I can't stand the idea of getting tired of her songs and not wanting to listen to them for a while. Especially when her first album just came out! Oh, the struggle.

I am also making a drawing of her! Hopefully you'll see it soon on one of my "My Recent Drawings" posts.

And now I leave you with one of her music videos. I hope that, if you listen to AURORA, you enjoy her music just as much as I do :)



Have you listened to AURORA? Any similar artists you might recommend?

Thank you for reading! Bye-Bye! 

8 comments:

  1. amazing song :)
    http://www.therunwhy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her song Running with Wolves. That one is my favorite by her. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening to her right now - thanks for the tip! The sound and vocal remind me a bit of the Danish singer Fallulah. Do you know her?
    I hope to see your drawings!

    http://bookwormscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: her voice also reminds of The Cranberries!

      Delete
    2. I didn't know Fallulah, she's amazing!! Thank you so much for telling me about her :D
      Haha I think you're right!

      Delete
  4. I recently discovered Aurora myself, Carla, and promptly bought her album! I love it - her songs are so aerial and makes me feel like I'm floating :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the feeling I get! Haha :D
      Thank you so much for sharing my post, I really appreciate it!! <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...